Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tuesday 7/14/9

It actually started a couple of weeks before, my balance was off. I was starting to get foggy. But at 2:00 on 7/14/9 the numbness, tingling began as well as a new symptom, my tongue became numb. I let my co-worker know. She let the nurses know. I knew something was wrong, was this just a new migraine coming on or now a TIA? It felt like a little of both, but more than a migraine. There was also the beginning of aphasia & memory loss. Janise came by & I let her know of the symptoms I was having. At that point it was becoming more of a migraine. Around 6 the neuro symptoms got worse so I managed to get to nurses station & described what was going on. They took vitals BP 168/89 HR 101, they called 911. Ambulance would not take me to Elmbrook but only to Froedtert. BP still high 189/88 pulse O2 @ 89, HR 88, blood work. Potassium low. Froedtert did follow stroke protocol, but seemed dismissive. Gave CT scan, mini-mental and most reflex testing. Given cocktail of compazine & benadryl (put me out) & oral suspension potassium. That was vile stuff. I was released after taking potassium given no restrictions. I attempted to walk to get my car from work, but could barely make it. Called Jim to pick me up. He took me to lunch and then felt semi-conscious enough to drive home with him following me. Once I got home I went to bed by 2:00 pm. I did not wake up until 6:00 7/15/9

No comments:

Post a Comment