Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7/22/9 I think I can describe it

The pain in my brain that I experienced last week definitely was NOT the same that is part of a "normal" migraine. There really are no words to describe it. The closest I can come is the image of such a complex lightning strike pictured. This is what I visualize. It was a constant pulsing pain especially in the left temple. This is also the pain that I experienced for the better part of last year. Although when the "attack" was in the acute phase (first 72 hours {my definition}) anything taken or administered as an abortive either did nothing, knocked me out or increased symptoms. As reported previously, there was the numbness, aphasia, and later issues with word finding.

The "normal" migraine (not that there is any such thing as normal) for me tends to be tolerable and can be treated. The longest & most relief is gained with hydrocodone/apap. Tramadol works in a pinch, but is not quite as effective.

1 comment:

  1. I had another thought, think if you've ever had an electrical current running through & it shorted, note the photo above, there's a misfire & the current scatters & disperses, but it's not like a shock. It's so hard to put into words something that is not tangible. Kinda like describing God... impossible. Not that what I experienced was god, it was just intangible.

    ReplyDelete