Sunday, July 19, 2009

Changing Careers Pt 2... Specifics, Management

No matter what, some Management sucks! The DOA, needless to say, handled things extremely poorly. Their goal was complete annihilation rather than reassign or accommodation. I knew I could not be accommodated in the same department, but management was bad-mouthing me so negatively, I could not get out from where I was without QUITTING. I was too close to earning my benefits, so why would I leave before I was assured of them? Though to outright terminate me, they knew they would have a nasty fight on their hands under the ADA.
I tried to get accommodations via the ADA officer, but she was virtually worthless. Although it did not help that my original diagnosis was wrong. Some of the elements were the same, I was not able to concentrate enough to complete the paperwork. The caseloads were way too high to give the clients the attention they really needed. That part was on me. It also didn't help that I was no longer able to express myself properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment