Sunday, July 19, 2009

Changing Careers Pt 3... Going from Social Work to Clerical

Sometimes the anger still pops out, and I'm not always aware of it immediately as it happens, but when the realization does arise to consciousness, I am sorely ashamed because I tend to have treated my co-workers poorly. Then I feel very bad about it. At least I finally became aware of all the anger that had built up. It is now much easier to deal with. It is still difficult to not do the work I enjoyed so much. If we are not horribly busy at work, on occasion, I can put some of the SW skills to use, but not professionally. It gives some of the patients a new ear to have listen to them, whether or not they feel they receive help makes no difference, but if it calms them down, it's helpful.
I am proud that I have retained my clerical skills through the years. I tend to be relatively quick and it seems also that my errors have also reduced over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment