Saturday, July 18, 2009

Public Enemies from a Migraneur's View

I didn't go in or come out with a headache, but could feel the buttons being pushed. The movie was a good one. I'm not sure if I was sitting too close or if there were too many "close up" shots. It felt almost like there were so many close up shots that it was a strobe light going off in my head wanting to trigger a headache to start. There were a few times I just had to close my eyes to stop all of the stimulation that was happening. I know they say the director did this for effect and to keep the attention of the audience, and locally we were somewhat warned ahead of time, but I don't think it needed to be quite so much. Due to the locale of where all the shooting was done, they could have focused less on the close ups and more on some of the longer shots. The Wisconsin sites were awesome as was the Milwaukee County Historical Society and quite recognizeable if you've ever been inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment