Saturday, August 14, 2010

Meditation Study

I have been relatively quiet about entering a clinical trial through Johns Hopkins. It is a meditation training to see how it may benefit in the treatment of migraines. All of my paperwork has been completed, I am still awaiting approval from the institute, but all other approvals are done including FMLA. Oh yes, flight was $179. Not too shabby. Getting into the trial including a couple of initial phone and email contacts. It was only supposed to be for 4-6 weeks prior to the training, but I am to fill out a daily headache/sleep diary. It's been really helpful and given me a new aspect/respect.

If anyone knows me I insist on being an informed consumer on most things, especially when there is time. I have emailed Dr. Goyal on what I may do to "prepare" myself for this retreat. He suggested eliminating all music, tv, etc. at least the week before and to double-check my enrollment status. Upon doing that I also did a search for "Preparing" and came across some good information, Both positive and negative. I think it's good to know others' experiences whether positive or negative. My plan is to go with no expectations, but perhaps a new tool to assist me. I did a lot of reading today and continue to get more and more excited. It has worn me out.

1 comment:

  1. relaxing the mind with Yoga and meditation helps.There is a lot of relaxation from stress that is necessary for a migraine patient.When the body and the mind is less anxious and free of any tensions it is easy on the head.

    sinus surgery Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete